Four Simple Steps to Improve Air Quality
Make Your Commute Smarter not Harder
- DVRPC and your local Transportation Management Association have developed a number of commuter tools to help you reduce air pollution, save money and reduce congestion from your commute.
- DVRPC offers the RideECO commuter benefit program to employers. RideECO can help you and your employees save the air and money on their commute!
Save Gas, Money, and the Air
- By maintaining your vehicle, you save gas, money and the air. Follow regular vehicle maintenance schedules and make sure that tires are properly inflated.
- Turn it off. Donít let your vehicle run when youíre not driving. Idling wastes gas and pollutes the air. If you see commercial vehicles or buses idling report them at www.idlefreephilly.org.
Save Energy at Work and Home
- Saving energy at work and home, not only saves money but protects the air from emissions from power plants and burning heating oil.
- Turn off lights and turn down the thermostat in winter and up in summer. Everything you do to save energy helps protect the air.
Participate in the Air Quality Partnership
- Sign up for air quality alerts. Share the information with your friends and family.
- Contact the Partnership to see how your business can get involved.